Wheeldon Trees Farm Holiday Cottages is a former 18th century dairy barn just outside Earl Sterndale, south of Buxton, converted to 9 holiday cottages.
We are committed to providing the best possible services to all groups in the community within the limits of our properties. Sheldon Cottage is ‘wheelchair’ friendly, all on one level with a walk in wet-room. Our other cottages all have stairs; however, we strive to meet the needs of all our guests and encourage feedback that will help us improve our facilities in the future.
If you have any queries about the information (or lack of !) in this statement, please do call us.
• Our website has diagrams of the floor/room layouts and pictures of all the rooms and access statements for each cottage.
• Bookings/enquiries can be made directly from the website by email, telephone or letter.
• All guests are provided with directions to the cottages, either by email or by letter
• The nearest bus stop is at the end of the lower entrance – 50m away
• For Manchester, Buxton railway station is 6 miles away
• Macclesfield Railway Station is 12.4 miles away (accessible taxis available)
• Chesterfield Railway Station is 18 miles away (accessible taxis available)
• This access statement is available on our website or can be printed on request. We can provide all information in large print on request.
Local supermarkets Tesco and Waitrose will deliver and we can also arrange for shopping to be delivered on arrival.
The nearest shop is in Longnor, 2.5 miles away.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Ample parking is available near the top entrance, 25-30m from the cottages. You are welcome to park temporarily outside your cottage to unload your luggage.
• Disabled parking is available just opposite Sheldon Cottage
The car park is on an incline and is made of gravel
The car park leads into the gravelled courtyard area which has paths leading to the front doors of the cottage. The paths are from 90cm-2m wide.
The courtyard and cottages are clearly visible from the car park.
Each cottage has its own front door. On arrival, you will find the key to your cottage hanging on the inside of the door.
An access statement for each cottage is available on our website or can be printed on request.
Our duvets and pillows are non feather.
Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are high grade cotton percale.
All kettles are cordless.
A Guest Information Pack is provided in each cottage, and is available in large font on request. Separate folders have manufacturers’ instruction leaflets. Tourist information is available in each cottage and in The Long Room.
The Recycling and Landfill bins are situated at the side of the garage, in the main car parking area
Recycling bins are available for paper, glass, cardboard, plastic, cans, cartons and kitchen waste
The laundry is situated in the garage building, and is accessed by the door on the right hand side.
The door (80cm wide), hinges on the left, with no step. The handle is 96cm high.
There is a light switch on the right. The floor tiles are pale limestone.
The 2 washing machines are front loading.
The tumble drier is front loading with the controls at the rear.
A rotary drier is situated outside the laundry room; pegs are available on the line
The freezer is floor mounted and is hinged on the right
The store shelf is on the left side 150cm high.
The Long Room
The Long Room is situated opposite the barn, across the gravel courtyard.
Access to the Long Room is up a slope leading to a paved path, which has a small step up of 3cm.
The door (96cm wide) hinges on the right and opens directly into the room, with no step. The handle is 107cm high.
On the left is the kitchen area. The light switch is on the left.
The Long House is carpeted; the kitchen area and WC are lino.
A toilet with wheelchair access is situated next to the kitchen (door 83cm wide, basin 80cm high)
To the left of the door is the ‘L’ shaped kitchen. The work surface, sink and hob are 92cm high.
The electric oven is under the worktop.
The kitchen is lit by separate spotlights. The flooring is lino.
We welcome children –travel cot, highchair, stairgate, baby monitor and bed rail are available on booking/request.
We welcome pets – towels, throws, pet tags are available on booking/request. Most cottages have self-enclosed patios.
Waterproof mattress protector, Combined shower/commode seat, Grabber, Wooden stool for sitting at kitchen worktop are available on booking/request
All cottages and public areas are non-Smoking.
Mobile phone reception is unreliable with the exception of EE, BT and Virgin.
We can help with the hire of specialist equipment including hoists etc.
We are usually on site to help with luggage both on arrival and departure.
• Address: Deborah and Martin Hofman
• Telephone: 01298 83219
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.wheeldontreesfarm.co.uk
• Hours of operation: Open all year.
• Emergency number: 07785 547819
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve.
If you have any comments please phone 01298 83219 or click to email us
Alternatively you can write to us at Wheeldon Trees Farm, Earl Sterndale, Buxton SK17 0AA