We’ve made changes at Wheeldon Trees Farm to keep everyone safe…
The Government is allowing accommodation businesses to re-open subject to certain conditions being met. We have been issued with protocols that outline new cleaning and safety requirements. These are to ensure your safety, and that of our staff, and ourselves. It will, however, mean that things are slightly different from usual.
We still want you to feel as welcome as ever and enjoy your time here and hope you’ll bear with us following these changes.
Prior to arrival, we will contact all guest to ask if any of them are showing any signs of, or are concerned that they might have contracted Covid-19 infection that they stay at home and not to visit Wheeldon Trees Farm.
Cleaning will take extra time – because of the Covid-19 risk, we now have to “double clean” – first our usual high level cleaning, and then going over everything again with a virucidal sanitiser. This means that we need extra time for each changeover, so arrival and departure times will now be 4.30 pm arrival (rather than 3pm), and 10.00 am departure (rather than the usual 11am). We understand it is inconvenient, but it is really important that we have this extra time to ensure everyones safety.
- Unless previously agreed, please arrive at your cottage after 4.30 pm
- Please park outside your cottage (which will be unlocked), let yourselves in and make yourselves right at home.
- After unloading your car, please move it to the car park
- We will come and say hello – keeping 1 meter distance !
During your stay…
- If you display signs of Covid-19 :
- Please let us know immediately
- Self-isolate to minimise any risk of transmission
- Request a test – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-an-antigen-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/
- If you are confirmed to have Covid-19, you must inform us and you should return home if you reasonably can
- If you cannot reasonably return home (for example because you are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), discuss your circumstances with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority.
- You should follow government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
- At all times during your stay, please maintain a distance of at least 1 meter from us and other guests – be rigorous in floowingn social distance when out in public.
- We recommend frequent hand washing / hand sanitizing
- If you need us for anything, please call or WhatsApp us on our mobiles (Deborah 07785 547819, Martin 07752 588727), or knock on our front door.
- The Long Room – Regretfully, we are unable to open this as a communal play facility at this time. However, please feel free to borrow any books, DVDs, games, maps or guidebooks. In order to maintain social distancing, please only enter if empty. Please wear gloves at all times when you’re in The Long Room. On departure, leave the items you’ve borrowed in your cottage and we’ll put them into quarantine for 72 hours before returning them to The Long Room
- Outdoor Play Area – is open for you and your children to have fun, so please remember you are responsible for supervising your children – including hand sanitising on entry to and exit from the play area, and ensuring social distancing is maintained. Your children should not enter the play area unaccompanied, or when it is already occupied such that social distancing cannot be observed
- Daily animal feeding – We can arrange to take one or two families each day, so please let us know if you would like to take part during your stay.
- In your cottage – to reduce the risk of touch contamination, we have removed certain items from the cottages. This means that decorative cushions and throws, ornaments, paper information leaflets, toys, games, etc have been kept to a minimum. We have also reduced the quantity of some kitchen equipment, as the requirement to rewash every item between guests (even if it is clean) would not be possible in the time with the usual quantities.
- Online Guest Information – is available here. Please do take a look and feel free to contact us if there’s any other information you need…
- Food Store and Farm Shop – Please only enter the Laundry Room if it is empty. You’ll find nylon gloves on the right – please wear them in the Laundry Room and dispose of them in the waste bin when you get back to your cottage. Keep a note of your purchases and send us a list – preferably by email – to firstname.lastname@example.org or by text or WhatsApp message to 07785 547819. On departure, we will send you an email with the total due with a link so you can pay by debit or credit card
- Laundry facilities – Please only enter the Laundry Room if it is empty. You’ll find nylon gloves on the right – please wear them in the Laundry Room and dispose of them in the waste bin when you get back to your cottage.
- Please vacate your cottage as near to 10.00 am as possible to give us enough time for our enhanced cleaning procedures.
- Linen and Towels – please strip your beds before leaving and leave all linen and towels outside the front door of your cottage. We are asking guests to strip the beds themselves as 7/10 people who have had the antibody test did not have any symptoms, and the Government is advising us to assume that someone in your party COULD be carrying the virus. It is considered that removing bedding could make the virus airborne – the main route for contracting the virus.
- Waste and recycling bins – please tie up all waste bin bags (including bathroom bins) and take, together with recycling and food waste to the large outside bin by the garages. Please ensure you remove ALL food from the cottage.
- Crockery and cutlery – we need to wash all crockery, cutlery and glassware between guest visits, so please fill the dishwasher with a full load (even if this means re-washing clean items) and set it running before leaving (please do not empty it). If you can’t fit everything in, don’t worry – we’ll put another load on after you have left.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about your visit.
We really appreciate your co-operation and support and hope you have a great stay !