Terms and Conditions
The small print - so we all know what to expect when you make a booking
We look forward to welcoming you to Wheeldon Trees. When you make a booking you are entering into an agreement with us...
Charges and Terms
Please ensure we receive a non-returnable deposit of £100.00 per cottage within 7 days of the booking or we may be obliged to release the dates. The balance should be paid at least 8 weeks before the start of the holiday. We reserve the right to cancel the booking if full payment has not been received by this date.
(a) By cheque
(b) By electronic transfer direct to our account, or
(c) By credit card or debit card
Bed linen and towels
Bed linen and bath/kitchen towels are provided and included in the price of the holiday. Please note that we can supply cots and highchairs on request free of charge, but we do not supply cot bed linen/towels.
Dogs are very welcome – we just need to know at the time you make your cottage booking. We expect that they will be will behaved and house trained ! Please keep them off the soft furnishings and beds, do not leave them unattended in the property and make an extra effort to vacuum up all dog hairs before leaving. Please exercise your dog away from the cottages and collect any dog waste for appropriate disposal.
Visitors are requested not to exceed the maximum number of people for which we supply beds/bed linen. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any booking that in our opinion may be unsuitable for the cottage concerned. Please make sure that the accommodation you book meets your requirements.
All the cottages and communal rooms/buildings at Wheeldon Trees Farm are non-smoking. If you wish to smoke outside, please ensure that you dispose of matches and cigarette butts in one of the dustbins provided.
Cancellation and Insurance
Once you have booked your holiday, our agreement is a legal contract and your deposit is non-refundable. If for whatever reason you cannot take your holiday and the booking cannot be re-let, you are still liable to pay for the booking in full, even if we have not yet received your balance. If we do succeed in re-letting the booking, you are no longer liable for the balance, or we will refund it to you if you have already paid it. Please note that your deposit is not refundable under any circumstances. For this reason we strongly recommend that you take out cancellation insurance, which is inexpensive and can be obtained from any good broker. We can supply an application form from a company offering cancellation insurance upon request.
Non-availability of Accommodation
We would only cancel your holiday if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation - however if this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the holiday. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
Your accommodation will be available to you from 3.00 pm on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged. If you arrive earlier, we may still be preparing your cottage, and may not be available to welcome you ! We will do our best to be on site to greet you personally, but in the event that we are not at home when you arrive, you will be able to let yourself into your cottage. We will come and find you to say ‘hello’ on our return.
Please be ready to leave the accommodation by 11.00 am on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged. We ask that you leave the cottage, as far as possible, in the condition that you would like to find it. We reserve the right to make a charge if the cottage is left in an excessively dirty condition. Your right to occupy the property is limited to a right of occupation for holiday purposes and such right shall terminate at 11.00 am on the scheduled date of the completion of the holiday.
Damages and Breakages
Please take care of our property. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages that you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we reserve the right to charge you for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant.
Please let us know about any problem with any appliance or fixture or fitting as soon as possible and we will ensure that, within a reasonable time, this is repaired or alternative arrangements are made.
Visitors are asked to take care at all times while on our property. Parents in particular are asked to ensure that children are safe, accompanied by a responsible adult and not left unattended. We do not accept responsibility or liability for injury or damage to and loss of guests property, cars and contents and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all actions, claims, costs and proceedings (including reasonable legal fees incurred in defending the same) arising from your acts or omissions (and those in your party) while on our property. In the event of guest misbehaviour or other necessary cause, we reserve the right to terminate the let without any refund of letting monies.
We (or our representative) reserve the right to enter any property at a reasonable time for the purpose of emergency maintenance or repair or any other need.
We want your stay with us to be enjoyable. Nevertheless, should you have cause for complaint, please advise us immediately, and we will do our best to assist you. It is difficult to investigate complaints of any nature once you have returned home, and, therefore, it is unlikely that complaints can be accepted and investigated at the end of the hiring period or after you have departed.
Any data collected during the course of this booking may be kept on computer.
Public Wi-Fi Access Terms and Conditions
We provide wireless internet access free of charge during your stay, subject to the following conditions :
1. Extent of the Service
- 1.1 We do not recommend in particular the use of any websites and your use of Internet Services is carried out entirely at your own risk.
- 1.2 We have no responsibility for, or control over, the Internet Services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free.
- 1.3 We have no responsibility for, or control over, the information you transmit or receive via the Service.
- 1.4 Save for the purposes of network diagnostics we do not examine the use to which you put the Service or the nature of the information you send or receive.2
- 1.5 We do not guarantee:
- 1.5.1 the availability of the Service;
- 1.5.2 the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the Service; or
- 1.5.3 that the Service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which
- 1.6 Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure the security of the Service and to prevent unlawful access to information transmitted or received using the Service we do not guarantee the security of the information which you may transmit or receive using the Service or located on any equipment utilising the Service and you accept that it is your responsibility to protect your information and have adequate security (in terms of equipment and procedures) to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information and data.
- 1.7 We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
2. Your Use of the Service
2.1 You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:
- 2.1.1 are defamatory, threatening, intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment;
- 2.1.2 contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
- 2.1.3 contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually
explicit or arousing nature);
- 2.1.4 contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour,
origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
- 2.1.5 contain material which infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property
- 2.1.6 in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out
our business; or
- 2.1.7 are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
- 2.2 Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorised its use by you.
- 2.3 We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement including but not limited to clauses 2.1 to 2.3 above.
- 2.4 We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so you do so at your own risk.
- 2.5 The Service is intended for consumer use only. In the event that you use the Service for commercial purposes we would specifically refer you to clause 5.2 below.
3. Criminal Activity
- 3.1 You must not use the Service to engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence, either in the United Kingdom or in any state throughout the world.
- 3.2 You agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide assistance and information to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities.
- 3.3 You agree and acknowledge that we may keep a log of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address
- 3.4 You further agree we are entitled to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you which may include, but is not limited to, disclosure of such information as we have (whether pursuant to clause 3.3 or otherwise), and are entitled to provide by law, to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
4. Other Terms
- 4.1 You agree to compensate us fully for any claims or legal action made or threatened against us by someone else because you have used the service in breach of these terms and conditions, and in particular clause 2.1 to 2.3 and 3.1 above.
- 4.2 Whilst we do not seek to limit our responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation or if you are injured or die as a result of our negligence we have no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the service or inability to use or access the service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time or damage to physical property or for any other similar direct loss that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- 4.3 We agree that neither this agreement does not allow either party to act as, or hold themselves out as, acting as an agent of the other party and that that the terms of this agreement are not enforceable by a third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- 4.4 This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales and is subject to the non- exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.