WHEELDON TREES FARM
Here at Wheeldon Trees, we are committed to providing the best possible services to all groups in the community within the limits of our properties.
Sheldon Cottage is ‘wheelchair’ friendly, all on one level with a walk in wet-room. It has two bedrooms and is rated Mobility Level 2 under the National Accessibility Scheme.
This means that if you have problems walking, or need to use a wheelchair some of the time, Sheldon Cottage is ideal for you.
Walker’s Rest is also all on one level, but because of planning and size restrictions, the internal layout means it’s not so easy to negotiate in a wheelchair. There is a separate shower, with a single step up…
Our other cottages all have stairs; however, we strive to meet the needs of all our guests and encourage feedback that will help us improve our facilities in the future.
Equipment for the less able
We’ve got extra furniture and gadgets available to make your stay more comfortable…
Just ask if you would like the use of any of the following during your stay…
• Foldable lightweight wheelchair
• Combined shower/commode seat
• Self-propelling shower chair
• Extending grabber
• High stool for sitting at the kitchen worktop
• Hand bell
• Waterproof mattress protector
• Thinner mattress (our standard mattresses are very deep making the bed quite high !)
Boma Off Road Wheelchair
We’re very excited about this – now everyone can enjoy the thrill of speeding along the trails or heading off across the fields. The Boma is available for hire – let us know and we’ll help you organise it. The Boma can be delivered here to your door at Wheeldon Trees or hired directly at Parsley Hay cycle hire on the High Peak Trail about 3 miles from us.
It looks like such fun!
• Hire for half or full day
• Powerful electric drive with light twist grip control
• Incredible fun – join the family on tracks and trails
• Safe and simple to operate….twist to go…let go to stop
• Left or right hand control
• Rugged off-road tyres
• Very stable with low centre of gravilty
• Suitable for 16+
• Up to 15 miles range
£60 whole day, £35 half day (includes delivery to Wheeldon Trees Farm)
Take a look at the video…..
Fancy a cycle ride during your stay, but not so keen on all those hills around here ? Welcome to the wonderful world of electric bikes !
We’ve got four top-of-the range Giant Twist Esprit Power W Electric Bikes to help you explore the hills, dales and moors of the Peak District National Park – with a little help from the latest green technology…
With a range of 20-30 miles and a charger pack to use across the Peak District, take out one of our bikes for a spin…
• A 40 minute cycle takes you to the lovely village of Hartington via our favourite road in Derbyshire– bring us back some Hartington Stilton from The Old Cheese Shop !
• Cycle to Bakewell on Monday morning, shop at the fabulous market and bring your purchases back for lunch…
• Take a day to ride the High Peak Trail to Ashbourne, stop at Carsington Water to recharge your batteries (!) and return along the High Peak Trail – a wonderful day of traffic-free cycling
Giant’s Hybrid Cycling Technology means the bikes are easy to ride, those hills are easy to climb and, above all, you have great fun ! Hop on the bicycle, hit the “on” switch, start pedaling – and you’re OFF !!
Best of all, the bikes are free for you to enjoy during your stay !!